Persuasive essays are a great way to encourage the reader to look at a certain topic in a different light. After reading your essay, you want the reader to think about your topic in a way they never did before. While persuasive essays are usually required in high school, they are more prominent during college years so writing this type of essay in high school will help you prepare for the college experience. Every persuasive essay has:
- an introduction
- body of paragraphs
- a conclusion
All persuasive essays are similar to argumentative essays. The difference between these two essays is that the argumentative paper shows where a discussion has been presented that opposes something based on one opinion or view of that subject. When you are writing a persuasive essay, you need to write it in a way that it presents the fact and persuades the reader to think about the topic in a different way other than what was originally presented.
With a persuasive essay, the sentence structure is more in the form of a complete sentence instead of a question. All persuasive essays are similar to argumentative essays. The difference between these two essays is that the argumentative essay shows where a discussion that has been presented opposes something based on one opinion or view of that subject.
Persuasive Essay Meaning
It's important to understand the meaning of persuasive writing; it allows readers to consider ideas as well as topics that may not otherwise receive attention outside of school. Persuasive essay writing has not always been a popular task to take on because it may or may not open the barrier between the social and personal level of thought. When writing persuasive essays, it's important to bring your imagination to a new level and provide a different point view on certain situations.
It's important to realize that essay topics are simply basic ideas that leave you pondering a thought that could be a big deal to someone else. When writing essays, it is always important that you include your references at all times. You should use APA reference tools to assist in writing your essay the correct way or hire a professional essay writer that can write the essay using the APA reference tools.
50 Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
What is it that makes these EASY persuasive speech topics?
I have several pages on this site devoted to persuasive speeches, but this one is all about crafting your speech as simply as possible.
An EASY topic is one that...
- You are already knowledgeable about. If you know your subject well - and you don't need to spend hours researching the topic - then you'll instantly and significantly reduce your workload! Bringing your personal experiences to your speech makes it easier to write, and makes your presentation more engaging for your listeners. Try making a list of subjects you're interested in and a topic idea may even jump out at you!
- You feel strongly about. There's nothing harder than trying to persuade someone they should feel a certain way about something if you're 'wishy-washy' on how you feel about it yourself! Real passion comes across in your words, which are more forceful and credible as a result.
Technically, then, an easy persuasive speech topic for one individual may not be so easy for another.
The list I've put together, however, is of topics with broad appeal... subjects about which most of us have a pretty strong opinion and PLENTY to say!
In each case, I've stated just the topic itself - it's up to you whether or not you're trying to persuade your audience to be FOR the idea or AGAINST.
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 1-12 - Related to Schools
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 13-27 - Related to Family Life
- Breast-feeding is better than bottle (formula) feeding
- Parents should be held legally responsible for the things their children do
- Under 18s should be allowed to drink alcohol at home if their parents consent
- Child-care should be provided in the work place
- Encouraging women to work is destroying the traditional family
- Parents should be punished for failing to provide a healthy diet
- We are over-scheduling our kids
- Parents should never pry into their teens' rooms/belongings
- Today's kids have it easier than their parents/grandparents
- Dads are more fun than moms! (Keep this light-hearted)
- Eating together as a family is important
- A woman's place is in the home! (This is a provocative title, so be funny or surprising in your speech)
- Older teenagers should contribute to household expenses
- We should value our old people rather than cast them aside
- It truly takes a village to raise a child
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 28-36 - Funny/Light Hearted Ideas
- A Mac is better than a PC!
- Why _______ is the best movie ever!
- Why everyone should visit _____________ (talk about somewhere you love)
- Moustaches should be banned
- Google is taking over the world
- Santa Claus is real!
- Games like Candy Crush are making us stupid
- Batman is cooler than Spiderman
- McDonalds is better than Burger King
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics - 37-50 - Miscellaneous Ideas
- Plus size people should pay for 2 seats on public transport
- The government should not censor information given online
- Love is more powerful than hate
- Immigrants should be required to speak the language of the country to which they're moving
- We need more female construction workers!
- You should buy local produce whenever possible
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
- Money can't buy happiness
- A dog really is man's best friend
- All hospitals should allow pets to be brought in to see their owners
- Criminals should be forced to make restitution to their victims, rather than to society in general
- Lying isn't always wrong
- Discipline should be based on rewards rather than punishment
- Facebook has improved life for many people
Return to Top of Page
A Guide to Persuasive Speech Writing
More Tips for Writing Good Persuasive Speeches
Another Example Outline
3 Tips for Writing a Speech That Gets Results
Coming up With Ideas
More Ways to Find the Perfect Topic
Topics to try...
Ideal for Teens
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration...
The Role of Marriage in Society
Fun Speech about Luck
Using a Cell Phone Whilst Driving
School Uniform Policies
Become an Activist