Commis Chef Cover Letter
Commis Chefs are responsible for food preparation and ensuring kitchen profitability. These professionals usually work under the supervision of a chef de partie and move from one section to another. Examples of Commis Chef duties include: adhering to hygiene standards, preparing ingredients for senior chefs, portioning sizes, maintaining food stocks, updating their knowledge of recipes and preparation techniques, finding ways to reduce waste, and keeping the working area clean and organized.
Our collection of Commis Chef cover letters reveals the following job requirements:
- Culinary skills
- Passion for cooking
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work under pressure
- Time management and multitasking
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards
- Culinary or catering training
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The sample cover letter below displays relevant Commis Chef skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Commis Chef Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Kinnison:
Upon review of your posting for a Commis Chef to come on board your team at Les Foutaines, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a recent graduate from the New York School of Culinary Arts, combined with my commitment to team collaboration and outstanding customer service, I would significantly benefit your restaurant in this capacity.
With my rigorous educational background, I am prepared to excel in this entry-level chef position with your establishment and acquire comprehensive experience in food preparation and general kitchen operations. My outstanding work ethic and my commitment to culinary excellence is certain to make me an immediate asset to your senior chef team. Furthermore, my additional strengths in communication and organization prepare me to thrive in this challenging position and make a strong contribution to the success of your restaurant.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Graduated in the top 10% of my class at the New York School of Culinary Arts in May of 2016.
- Poised to excel in accomplishing a wide range of tasks assigned by senior chefs, including storing and preparing produce, dairy, meat, fish, poultry, and shellfish.
- Acquired hands-on experience in preparing, plating, and serving hors d’oeuvres, salads, entrees, and dessert courses.
- Strong focus on upholding all food safety and sanitary regulations to ensure across-the-board compliance.
- Excelled in previous career as a Caterer, expanding this start-up business by 11% within first nine months of business launch through excellent cooking, marketing, and interpersonal talents.
- Possess a superb ability to get along well with diverse personalities and collaborate effectively toward the achievement of common goals.
With my education and experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your next Commis Chef. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Myra R. Rickett
Dear (Mr. Thomas),
I am very much interested by your recent advertisement as listed in (Sous Chef Daily) for the available position of Apprentice Chef at (name of hotel/restaurant/Brasserie).
I recently completed my Senior Fist Aid certification and hold a (list your education diploma) in (Culinary Arts) from (name of university/school). I would very much like to advance in my career and believe that I am ready for this position of Apprentice Chef that you are offering.
The job requirements appear to be far more challenging and varied than those I know and have grown used to at my current job at (name of current job/restaurant etc.). I would like to expand my knowledge, learn new responsibilities and be able to further my career within the field.
I have for the last (3) years been working as an Apprentice Chef where my responsibilities were:
- Clearing the kitchen stations of all unnecessary utensils and food.
- Clearing/cleaning cooking vessels and utensils from all the work surfaces and sinks.
- Chopping, peeling various vegetables for prep
- Daily verification of our dairy products expiration dates and disposing of any out of date products.
- General assistance in food presentation for selected events.
The opportunity with you at (name of Restaurant/Hotel) I feel would allow me to express my culinary expertise and valuable, gained experience through a larger array of tasks and responsibilities.
I am a fast learner and work well in a team.
I believe that I would excel at menu suggestions and planning, cooking meals, guiding the serving staff as to what the daily/weekly specials were all while being able to continue to learn along side the chefs during their daily tasks.
I wish to thank you for your time today and I very much hope to hear from you soon and being given the opportunity to discuss your expectations further.
(Your name + full contact details)